Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Great Black and White Photographers part 3

1. What first caught your eye while looking at your photographer photos? Is there something in particular about their photos that made you want to choose them? Post the images with your writing.

A: Most of Emmet Gowin's photos are of his wife and family members. His photography captures everyday life, which was an unusual focus for art back then. He perfectly captured family and personal moments.



2. Look at those 2 photos you posted last time in the assignment Great Black and White Photographers Part 2, Use your five senses to tell me more about these photos. Answer them on your blog.

A: Both photos have a major element in common, they both include people going about their everyday lives. For me, I feel like I can put myself in the place of the camera because of how well taken they are. I see city of black and white, I smell the distinct smell of city air, I hear cars moving and honking, people talking, and footsteps walking. I taste the city air, with the fumes from the vehicles. I feel the concrete I am walking on, the ground vibrating from the movement of people and cars.

3. Finally, what would you like to create to show the world your great photographer. Ideas include posters, power points, a blog, etc. You tell me what you would like to create so we can come up with a plan to share your thoughts and ideas about your photographer with your classmates and with the rest of the school.

A: I would like to create a blog about Emmet Gowin, centered around his style and aesthetics. It would include his most famous photos, along with some of his lesser known work. I would write my personal opinion about his photos and try to determine how he took the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment